I made Dates and Honey pancakes. Dates and honey have been a very classic pair together for centuries now. I haven't eaten them together, and I found these pancakes, with dates inside, to be so delicious and I will definitely make them again. Not too sweet at all, and I thought the honey might make them so, but nope, not at all.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
3 tbsp honey
1 1/2 cups milk
1 large egg
2/3 cup pitted dates, chopped
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
2. In another bowl, whisk together butter, honey, milk and egg and set aside.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until just combined and smooth. Add dates and gently fold in.
4. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add a small dab of butter to coat.
5. Drop 1/4 cup batches of batter onto the pan and cook until surface is bubbly, then flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side, or until golden brown.
6. Serve hot with honey or maple syrup.
Dates boost brain activity and enhance concentration. They are a rich source of natural simple sugars that provide the glucose to the body to help stabilize blood sugar levels.
Dates also do wonders to enhance the libido of men. The rich nutrient concoction in dates helps relieve several sexual defences like ED, impotence and infertility. What's more, consuming dates in the morning seems to have most beneficial effects than other times of the day.
Dates are also one of the few super foods that can help weight loss. They are rich in dietary fibre and have a high satiety value (filling). Consuming a few dates in the morning combined with warm water will help curb any unhealthy snacking.
Have you had a date with dates lately?
(pardon my corniness)